A bit of curiosity here…with it being spring and a need to tidy up a bit…plus the fact that I’m still out of work…I wonder what it would be like to work at two famous places? So me and my little avatar set out on a little excursion:
After reading about, President and Mrs. Obamas’ visit to meet the Queen, it made me curious about what it might be like to work there — tending to their abode across the pond. Then I became even more curious about what it must be like to run the house on Pennsylvania Avenue and what a job like that would entailed?
Especially wanted to know since I had visited there when I went on my senior class trip back in high school, that I recounted during my Leaf Obsession Tour late last year. It’s like a blur now. All I can recall is seeing the Blue Room and thinking ‘how small it was.’ I didn’t even have a camera. Oh well! Thank goodness for the photos on-line.
What we did learn on this little visit is that cleaning and working for the White House is a lot more secretive than maintaining and working at Buckingham Palace, and there are lots of rooms and things to dust, at both places. It all makes sense.
What about you? Have you ever visited the White House or Buckingham Palace, for that matter? I’m still looking for a job, but in the meantime, I have plenty of work right here in my own little nest (Did I mention…that we don’t own ours…we rent…and we’re very thankful to be able to do that.)
Speaking of nests…and spring cleaning…I’ve got plenty cleaning to do myself. That’s my list down there. I’ve already done some things — there’s lots more to do.
My To Do List
* Monday, May 4 - part one, garage floor – greasy oil spots
* Tuesday, May 5 - part two, organize garage
* Wednesday, May 6 – part three, defrost freezer in garage
* Thursday, May 7 – living room & family room
* Friday, May 8 – kitchen, part one – shelf paper
* Monday, May 11 – kitchen, part two – organize cabinets
* Tuesday, May 12 – bathrooms
* Wednesday, May 13 – bedrooms/office, part one
* Thursday, May 14 – bedrooms/office, part two
* Friday, May 15 – Vacuuming, dusting & mopping
*I may just post a picture or two — depending on how festive it gets. So stay tuned! You may get to see some of my mess!