…during these days following Christmas.
I started reflecting here after Christmas last year when I wrote about the days following the big day being so strange. It’s interesting how all the pace builds up to a frenzy before Christmas Day, then afterwards, everything takes a nose dive.
We sense it here — even though we keep it very simple as far as the holidaze goes. It all still feels a bit…
an⋅ti⋅cli⋅mac⋅tic ~ Something trivial or commonplace that concludes a series of significant events: After a week of dramatic negotiations, all that followed was anticlimax. (Dictionary.com)
We aren’t totally immune to a touch of the malaise that dwells for a spell, before things get to moving again.
It makes me wonder what it’s like for those who go all out for the holidays…
- Talk 92.1: Christmas Fatigue
- Boston Globe: Hey, what’s the bright idea?
- Times Daily: Survey: Americans less tolerant of elaborate holiday…
- Blogher: Comfort for a Blue Christmas and Other Holiday Lows
- Register Herald: ‘Holiday blues’ can turn serious
- Times-News: 5 ways to avoid the winter blues
- San-LuisObispo.com: Make the best of a holiday recession
- Citizen Times: The joyful holiday season can also be filled with…