…especially during this time of year — when food is being served up in all kinds of nooks and crannies — hither and yon.
We’re talking FoodieFest Extravaganza of the Exponentially Extreme Kind — other wisely known as “Gobble, Gobble” or “Turkey Day” or officially — Thanksgiving. It’s another one of those things where I can say that I’ve “been there done that”, and it makes me want to gag!
You see — several years back we kind of OD’d on turkey, specifically, my sons. We decided right then and there that we had had our share. We ate turkey a variety of different ways, kinda like with chicken, but that’s something that we never really tire of. But when they said they had had enough — I said, Hallelujah! Yes! Yes! I was ready to comply. Leaving the purchasing of the Big Bird to others.
You’re probably saying — “But what about “Tradition“. I say, ‘We believe in Tradition, but not with “Tom“. Don’t get me wrong, we still eat turkey all year long and that is exactly why we needed to change. Our “New Tradition” consists of something much more simpler to buy, cook or prepare. And what pray tell might that be? It’s called a…
Pizza (noun) ~ in Italian: [‘pit.tsa]) is a popular dish made with an oven-baked, flat, generally round bread that is covered with tomatoes or a tomato-based sauce and mozzarella cheese. Other toppings are added according to region, culture or personal preference. (Wikipedia)
Although, I know we made several pizzas with turkey Italian sausage on several occasions. Being that I have gluten issues, means that I have to improvise now, and go the gluten-free route. We treat pizza like it’s a delicacy around here.
So that’s the 7th ~ simple little thing ~ we do to get by — simple good eats for the holidays, and every day, if we can. What about you are you an extreme ‘Traditionista’ or are you a “Rebel”, as far as meal plans and needing a change? Chime in.
Pizza & Other Food Fare For ThanksGiving
- EatingWell: Healthy Pizza Recipes…
- PizzaandPajamas.com: Perfect Pizza Crust Recipe
- Better Recipes: Easy Pizza Recipes
- About.com: Homemade Pizza Recipes
- CentreDaily.com: Wow guests with twist on traditional dishes
- ReporterHerald.com: A rainbow of healthy foods…
Gluten Free ThanksGiving (Pizza) For Me
- Small Notebook.org: Please Don’t Pass the Bread: A Dinner Host’s Guide to Gluten-Free
- gluten free Mommy: Homemade Pizza/Gluten Free
- About.com: Gluten Free/Pizzas, Flatbreads, Wraps
- Gluten Free Cooking School: Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
For The “Old School” Turkey Traditionistas’
- Simple Mom: Tis the Season to Cook, Bake, and Brine
- Woman’s Day: Thanksgiving Ideas
- Better Recipes: Thanksgiving dinner Recipes
- About.com: Thanksgiving Recipes & Resources
Related Articles & ThankFests